Need help setting up Open GL

Hi everyone,

While I've been programming for several years, I've never done any kind of graphics before, and I was looking to start on OpenGL.

After finding a guide, I tried using Cmake to build the files, but despite setting that up by the book, it generated an error message several hundred lines long, which I did not read (TL:DR).

I moved on to creating the files myself, as this is what I am used to. I almost got it working except for several LNK2019 errors. Seaching on these forums, Stack Exchange, and on Google, all I could find was guides on how to correctly link the libraries to the project on Visual Studio, which is what I am using. I have followed those instructions to the book too, but I still get the exact same errors.

What might help; GLFW and GLEW are built into the External Dependencies of VS2013, and I can see them but I cannot get them into my project. If I use #include <glfw3.h> or <GL\glfw3.h>, that does not work, so I am unsure how to use them in that location. I downloaded GLFW and GLEW and but them into a separate folder, and linked the Include, Reference, Library and Linker directories as appropriate.

I've followed every guide I've seen, to the best I can, but I still seem to be stuck with the linker errors. Can anyone help me get it linked up correctly?

Thanks!
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.