Highest Level Of Game Development In C++

Hello , i am sure that many of you know games like Far Cry 4 or The Newest Assasin Creed well these games are really good and their graphic is incredible and insane , i am working in c++ but i work with CMD so that means i am not doing graphic and not even games but now im student on high school but i would like to develope games what should i do i would like to continue in c++ i believe that c++ is good language and also its used to develope games so back to my question what should i do now , all i know is classes structures work with files pointers arrays inputs outputs it means i know iostream string etc im really good experienced in CMD programs in c++ so that means non grapgic programs .... so i have heard that there is Allegro library for 2d games but this is not high level its 2d , but there is smth like OpenGL is this the highest level ? of development ? how are these new games developed ? Language / Library / Structure of programming Huge games in 2014 ? tell me more Please ty.
Probably DirectX.
Probably DirectX.
Probably custom library wrapping DirectX calls, then another library abstracting draw calls, and then maybe another one.

"All problems in computer science can be solved by another level of indirection... Except for the problem of too many layers of indirection."
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.