Emailing Passwords

Pages: 12
:) You have UAC turned on don't you? By default Dev-C++ wants to host all of your projects in Program Files because its developers were terrible human beings. This means that you have to run it with elevated permissions so that it can actually write to that directory.

I'm curious about this though:
Every one I try to download, will NOT run the .exe file for it to start... HELP

If I had to venture a guess I would say overly zealous AV. But could you provide more details?
Last edited on
ummm what is UAC? lol and how do I turn it off?!
And for your curiosity, xD, I download an IDE, unzip it, then click the EXE file, then get my dad to type in his admin password so my computer allows the program, but then nothing happens... and his password was correct
Also, I know that DEV C++ works on Windows 7 computers cuz thats what we have at school, but at home, my laptop is windows 8, and it says no binary directories found.. ;(
Yes it works perfectly fine on Windows 7, after you tell it to put your project data somewhere else which is probably what the IT team at your school did.

It's been years since I used Dev-C++, is that the exact error verbatim? If you don't have power user permissions then you cannot compile to the directory that Dev-C++ wants to do by default. It's a theory, but it kind of fits the error message that you are getting. I've always hated the messages that Dev-C++ threw though, it's one of the many reasons I stopped using it.

What other IDE have you tried? Have you tried Code Blocks? It's not possible that "nothing happens". Launch task manager, is the binary executing? I still think it's an over zealous Anti Virus so check the "detection logs" or whatever it has.
Last edited on
so wait Im familiar with DEV C++, so how do I fix tht problem?
Again, it's been a few years, but it should be under 'Project Options' one of the tabs lets you specify an output directory for your executable. I would suggest setting that to a dedicated folder in My Documents where it belongs.
So do I need to download a specific output directory?
Hmmm, well now I seem to be getting another error... -_- ... lol it says that g++.exe has stopped working?
Different errors are actually a good thing, as odd as that might sound. That one could mean any number of things. If Dev-C++ was working before but just stopped working today, then you may want to reinstall it. If you've never had it working before then it means something else.
haha, It has never worked on this computer, nor my brothers computer which has windows 8 as well...
Then I would say the next trouble shooting step is to temporarily disable your AV and try again.
How do I do that? lol
Ask your Dad to do it. You'll need administrative rights anyway.
kk
but where can i disable AV, and what is it?
AV: Anti-virus suite.
Ok,
ok i downloaded the see.h header file, but I still get errors when i run the example program you guys provided me?
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.
Pages: 12