Dev-C++ Compiling Issue

I know a lot of people don't like Dev-C++, but I do use it on occasion. However, I've recently come across a problem in which every time I try to compile a program, the compiler gives me this error:

.drectve '-aligncomm:"___hexdig_D2A",5' unrecognized
[Linker error] undefined reference to '__chkstk_ms'
more undefined references to '__chkstk_ms' follow
[Build Error] [File.exe] Error 1

This problem is only showing up in Dev-C++, and I would greatly appreciate if anyone could tell me how to fix this, or at least what '__chkstk_ms' refers to or something. I can't think of any changes I've made recently, but it first showed up when I tried to compile an Allegro 5 project, and has showed up for every program I've tried to compile since.
After a good Google, the dev-c++ you're using might use an out of date compiler.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18649173/how-to-solve-undefined-reference-to-chkstk-ms-on-mingw
I deleted Dev-C++ and reinstalled a fresh copy (Version 5 Beta 9), but for some reason the same error is still showing up.

Compile Log:

Compiler: Default compiler
Building Makefile: "Program\Makefile.win"
Executing  make...
make.exe -f "Program\Makefile.win" all

g++.exe -c main.cpp -o main.o   
g++.exe main.o  -o "Program.exe" -mwindows  

Warning: .drectve '-aligncomm:"___hexdig_D2A",5' unrecognized
/mingw/lib/libmingw32.a(setargv.o)(.text+0x30): undefined reference to '__chkstk_ms'
/mingw/lib/libmingwex.a(glob.o)(.text+0x673): undefined reference to '__chkstk_ms'
/mingw/lib/libmingwex.a(glob.o)(.text+0x7e0): undefined reference to '__chkstk_ms'
/mingw/lib/libmingwex.a(glob.o)(.text+0x81d): undefined reference to '__chkstk_ms'
/mingw/lib/libmingwex.a(glob.o)(.text+0x934): undefined reference to '__chkstk_ms'
/mingw/lib/libmingwex.a(glob.o)(.text+0xb78): more undefined references to '__chkstk_ms' follow
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

make.exe: *** [Program.exe] Error 1

Execution terminated

The error seems to be coming from libmingw32.a and/or libmingwex.a. How can I fix/replace these files so that they work properly?
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.