DELETE ENTIRE STRUCTS IN VECTOR

So I have a struct called CompanyInfo.
struct companyInfo{
        string companyName; // Name of the Company
        string products;   // Company's products (number of products in unknown)
};
companyInfo myNewComp;
vector<companyInfo>myVec;

Then When user calls the Add function, I ask for Name of company and ask for its products. Now since I don't know how many products user is going to enter, I use a vector.

void Add(){
   cout << " Company Name: ";
   cin >> myNewComp.companyName;   // User can enter "samsung, apple, sony etc."

do{
   cout << " Product: "
   cin >> myNewComp.products;     // User can enter "cellphones, tvs, camera etc."
   myVec.push_back(myNewComp);
     } while(products != "zzz")  // stop loop after user hits "zzz"
}

Now in search function, I ask user for the name of a product and then I want to delete structs (companies) that don't have the product user is looking for.

So if User enters, camera, I would keep struct of Sony and Samsung and Delete Apple.

But I don't Know how to delete entire structs in Vectors.
You can erase an element of a vector using the same code regardless of what type the element is. For example:

for (int i = 0; i<myVector.size(); i++)
{
    if (/* I want to get rid of this*/)
    {
        myVector.erase(myVector.begin()+i);
        i--;
    }
}

Also, your code to get all of the products won't work as you expect. Because you only have one string object in the company structure, each time the user inputs a new product it will simply overwrite what they have previously inputted. I think what you want to do is use a vector of strings in the structure itself, then add each product to that vector as the user inputs them. So your struct would become:

struct companyInfo{
        string companyName; // Name of the Company
        vector<string> products;   // Company's products (number of products in unknown)
};
Last edited on
@ MODShop,
Thanks but the erase function erases all the products of the company. Even if one product matches, I want it to keep the entire company.
How do I do that? Thanks!
Just don't erase the company if you don't want to erase the company. I'm not quite sure what else you could mean.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.