Linked list error

hey guys, I'm working on my project and I'm getting an error when trying to compile my code.
http://pastebin.com/tgLLwyTp

1>Project 4.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall Pokemon::Pokemon(void)" (??0Pokemon@@QAE@XZ) referenced in function "public: void __thiscall PokemonList::insert(void)" (?insert@PokemonList@@QAEXXZ)

I have no clue what this means. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Last edited on
Hiya.
I think (maybe) you've declared a default constructor:

Pokemon();
in your class, but you've not added any implementation. what happens if you add this above your other constructor:

Pokemon::Pokemon(){

}

?
Last edited on
omg it worked! i was told i didnt need to do anything other than declare the default constructor. I guess my friend was wrong. Thank you so much!
Good good.
You could probably even delete:

Pokemon();
from your class and that might have worked too :)
You can compile programs with default constructors that are declared but not defined if you don't try to invoke the default constructor. I do this with the assignment operator and copy constructor sometimes, when I want to not allow these operations implicitly. But remember that the default constructor gets called a lot in C++ implicitly, and is often assumed to exist by the STL. So that most likely wasn't what you wanted to do.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.