Setting up SFML Android project?

I realize this isn't the SFML Forums, but help over there is hard to come by. I asked a question yesterday and got no replies. Is anyone here familiar with how to actually setup an android project, I am using VS13 with NVIDIA Nsight Tegra. Now do I need to use one of the Java project types provided by NVIDIA or a standard c++ project? Also would I link the .so files SFML provides like any other library or is the process different?
I'm sorry, this is not an android forum but i hope i can help...

http://en.sfml-dev.org/forums/index.php?topic=13716.0

The second post here should answer your question.

I am using VS13 with NVIDIA Nsight Tegra. Now do I need to use one of the Java project types provided by NVIDIA or a standard c++ project? Also would I link the .so files SFML provides like any other library or is the process different?

There are 2 ways you could do it:
- You can make a standard c++ project and try to link all the libraries needed to build an android application.
- You make a java project and try to link SFML to your java project

I'm sorry if this doesn't help you but I think there should be many entries in the Internet about this topic.
See, building SFML was the easy part. The second part is where I am confused. I have tried both of your solutions before, one failed with link errors saying the link files did not exist, I tried it several times with them in different locations, and the Java project wouldn't run the c++ files... which if you think about it makes sense, and maybe I used the wrong Java project, but I'm not about to test 15 to find which is the real one, when it should just be included in the read me or something.

I'm sorry if this doesn't help you but I think there should be many entries in the Internet about this topic.

You would think so, sadly I found nothing that could help me.

EDIT::
Now, I'm not sure if you've used SFML before, but the idea behind the SFML android build is that it provides a wrapper for you to write your program in C++, but Android only uses Java. Which is why this is so weird.
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.