Displaying certain characters

Hey so, I wanted to display and intro for one of my programs, but it my compiler isn't displaying it how I want it to. I want something like this:

_    _      _ _       
 | |  | |    | | |      
 | |__| | ___| | | ___  
 |  __  |/ _ \ | |/ _ \ 
 | |  | |  __/ | | (_) |
 |_|  |_|\___|_|_|\___/ 

But all the "|" are coming out differently, they come out like ":". How do I fix that?

If it helps I have Bloodshed DEV C++ 5.8.3
Last edited on
Change your console font. It's possible that none of the available fonts will look quite the way you want. Not much that can be done about that.
That's not a font, its a character in the keyboard.
Err...
First of all, keyboards have keys on them, not characters. A character is an idea, so that would be absurd.
Second, you're running the program in a terminal emulator. The terminal emulator uses a font to convert the output of your program into a graphical representation that can ultimately be understood by your visual cortex. A font is, basically, a collection of glyphs (i.e. images) assigned to specific character values. This assignment is arbitrary, but it does follow certain conventions. The pipe character ('|') is typically assigned either a glyph that looks like a vertical line, or a glyph that looks like a vertical line with a break in the middle, as you're seeing. Some fonts have the former, while others have the latter. The terminal emulator you happen to be using may support a font that will make pipes look the way you want, or it may not.
So what should I do?
Try this
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main ()
{
    char x=179;
    cout<<x<<endl;
    return 0;
}
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.