C++ App certificate

How do I get a certificate for my C++ app, so that when people wish to download, they do not get the warning of unverified application or something like this...

thanks
I think you need to purchase one from a Certification Authority. These are companies which Microsoft have licensed as being trusted to issue certificates; i.e. any certificate issued by them, is considered trustworthy by Microsoft.

I've purchased certificates from GlobalSign before, and found them friendly and helpful. I've never dealt with any other CA's, so I can't tell you how they compare.
You can, alternatively, create a self-signed certificate and apply that to your site. The end user will need to have this cert applied to their local store in order for the system to give it due credibility, otherwise they will just receive a slightly different warning. Any helpdesk monkey worth a damn will be able to figure out how to apply this to their domain thereby solving your problem, but for an at home end user this probably isn't the 'silver-bullet' solution that you are looking for.

You realize that this is only an issue because the delivery medium that you are using is a web-browser right? Things like 'git', 'brew', torrent', etc. don't have this "Let's scare Grandma" pseudo-security crap mentality.
thanks v much :)
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.