Impossible homework assignment, please help...

I know this is very long and I'm not asking anyone to do my homework for me but I'm having trouble getting started and just making the original EM array... If you read and help, thank so much, I know it's a lot to read...

Here is a link to the assignment:

http://www.cs.ecu.edu/~karl/3300/fall15/Assignments/Assignment3/assn3.html
When is this due? I'm going to be leaving shortly, and I won't be back for several hours.

This is likely to be a lengthy thread, but I can give you a few starting ideas.

The description of the boss relationship nearly describes a singly linked list - though the requirement is to implement using an array, but doesn't declare if that's a C style array, std::array or if a std::vector would qualify (technically, vectors are arrays, it's just that storage is managed by the class).

If you think about this in terms of a linked list, just for ideas, you'll realize that combine appears to LOOK like it appends a linked list, where the leader is the root. Just, store that in a vector instead.

...have to run...more later...

Unfortunately it's due tonight at midnight... Also we're not allowed to use vectors so I'm still completely lost as to how to initialize the array by making each 'boss' the 'leader' of its own group... Also thanks so much for replying, I know that was a lot to read and think about
I just got back, have dinner to deal with....have you progressed at all?
Sorry for such a late reply but we got it! Thanks for your help, your comments got us on the right track!
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.