.txt files

Hi all, i have a question. I have a txt file ready in parts of 1-9. How can i read only one part of the .txt file. For example if i type in br=3; that means i would only like to read the part of the .txt file that is under part 3. Can someone help me, thanks in advance.
Last edited on
You will still have to read the while text file (or at least everything up until the part that you're interested in), just ignore everything up until the part that you want.

You say the file is in 9 parts. What separates the parts? In other words, how do you know when you leave one part and enter another? Your program will have to recognize this transition.
Well i wanted to use integers to separate the parts in my .txt file. For example i want to put an integer value through the console and everything under that integer value (or everything that belongs under that integer) would be copied into my program. That's the idea that i have. I want to use the integers just like chapters in a book where i would type a chapter name and then everything in that chapter would be copied from the book (in my case a .txt file). Thanks for taking the time to reply.
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.