Look for numbers after text and replace

So as the title says I want to find a number, called "value" in a .txt file and replace it with another number. (A number that is 10% bigger). The text file looks like this:
"thisisaname":{"last_updated":1464076848,"quantity":123,"value":938},
"thisisaname":{"last_updated":1464076848,"quantity":50,"value":3521}, etc...

The file is packed with the name and the info within the brackets. I want to look for "value", and read the numbers after it, store it, change it, and replace it. I do not know where to start.

I am not sure how to look for "value" and read the numbers after it. I can replace it, and store it in a variable.
(Question^)

One idea I had was read all the lines, and store it in a string. Look for the word "value" in the string, go forward 2 letters, and read the rest as long as it is of int type. Then stop, save the numbers, store it, replace, and repeat.
(Not sure if working^, neither sure if easiest way)
That looks like JSON. Just use a JSON parser to read the contents, modify whatever you want, and write it back out.
Yea I did use a json parser and it looks so organized lol. Anyways, I havent workind with JSON and dont know how to modify the value? Any tips on where to start? Otherwise I guess I'll just learn it, or atleast try. Thank you :)
JSON is the file format. There are various different JSON parsing libraries you can use to read and write data in that format. Bascially, you'll need to:

- use a JSON library to read the data from the file into an object defined by the library
- change the value of the data in the object
- use the JSON library to write the modified data back to the file

The functions you'll use for this will depend on which library you use.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.