BCB5 - QReport for Formatted Tables

Hi..Im new here.

Little background. Im an engineer / Naval Architect and only part time programmer, particularly on one ship stability program we have developed in Borland C++ Builder 5, and maintained since 1998 - 2016.

I need to improve the reporting, which was previously (other than graphs etc) merely done via TMemo or TRichEdit, with sprintf type formatted strings, using a non proportional font so as to maintain aligned columns. Much of the output is tables.

Problem comes in when using different PC's and screen resolutions, font sizes, the formatting can get messed up, and overlap. Also previously (way back then) all printouts went to printers hence multiple printjobs for one report were not an issue, but now printing to PDF it becomes tedious to join all the pieces together.

So I decided to recode the reporting using QReport.

However if using the same basic sprintf type method of populating the report, I will run into the same formatting issues. It seems I should be using TQRDBRichText, populated from TTable. Do you agree?

SQL and TTable is completely new to me. Any references on how to populate such a table from my data Arrays?

Or is there an easier way to create formatted tables in QReport, from Arrays?

Thanks in advance
closed account (48T7M4Gy)
http://www.quickreport.co.uk/
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.