Can someone please help me program this.

Your program will compute values of a formula that expresses y in terms of x. The formula is:

4x3 + 8x2 - 31x - 35
y = -------‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑
(3x2 + 1)1/2 + 2 * | x - 1.5 |

| | means absolute value; (...)1/2 means square root
You should use library functions for square root and absolute value.

1. The program should start by printing a message giving your name and saying this is the output of your first program.

2. Then your program should evaluate the formula shown above, starting with x = ‑3, going up by 0.5 each time until it reaches 3.0. Therefore, your program will use these values for x: ‑3, ‑2.5, ..., ‑0.5, 0, 0.5, 1, ..., 2.0, 2.5, 3.0.
Please note that this is not a homework site. We won't do your homework for you. The purpose of homework is that you learn by doing. However we are always willing to help solve problems you encountered, correct mistakes you made in your code and answer your questions.

We didn't see your attempts to solve this problem yourself and so we cannot correct mistakes you didn't made and answer questions you didn't ask. To get help you should do something yourself and get real problems with something. If your problem is "I don't understand a thing", then you should go back to basics and study again.
i will i was just getting frustrated.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.