Prime Numbers

Could anyone please help refer me to a site that uses a fairly complex method to determine prime numbers? i need a program that generates all the prime numbers between 0-1,000,000 that i could parallelise but all the solutions i find are fairly simple.

any advice is greatly appreciated :)
Could anyone please help refer me to a site that uses a fairly complex method to determine prime numbers? i need a program that generates all the prime numbers between 0 - 1,000,000 that i could parallelise but all the solutions i find are fairly simple.

I can help you with this task. Finding all prime numbers within 0 - 1'000'000 is not difficult.
Gatenna wrote:
I can help you with this task. Finding all prime numbers within 0 - 1'000'000 is not difficult.

Based on what the OP said he wants a complex way that probably uses threads.
Well at least this guy didn't ask OP to send him a private message, so let's be thankful for that!
@gunnerfunner

Haha. I remember SakarusouBusters.
Last edited on
@ncampbell16

If you want to use use threads (which you do), then you can start 2 threads where one starts at 0 and the second starts at 1000000. The first starts counting up and the second starts counting down whilst checking if the numbers it goes through are prime. They both stop at 500, 000. You could use threads this way. Also it is faster.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.