What next after Stroustrup?

Four months ago I was a complete novice in programming. So I started teaching myself C++ using Stroustrup's Programming, Principles and Practice. It's a great book, and I'm really enjoying it. Although at times its been tough. At the moment I'm just over half way through, and starting to think which I should do next. I've looked around and there are many books to choose from. I especially like the exercises in Stroustrup's book.

So can anyone recommend a book I should start once I've finished PPP.
C++ the Programming language 4th edition or start learning a framework you like. Depends on what you want to do.
I've been teaching for the last 15 years, and want to get into IT. I start a Masters program in Information Systems, in September. So I'm trying to get a head start on that. Ultimately, I want to be a developer. I chose C++ because it seemed a good foundation. Now I'm not sure what to do next.
First, remember that the C++ versions currently in use are C++11 and C++14.

C++17 is expected and work is already underway for C++20 (codenamed C++Next).

There are several good authors on C++:

1) Stroustrup's "The C++ Programming Language" is very comprehensive but on C++11.

2) Scott Meyer's books also discuss C++14.

3) Herb Sutter

4) Andrei Alexandrescu

The ISOCPP website discusses C++14 : www.isocpp.org
Also, Nicolai Josuttis's book is the best for the standard library. Unfortunately, its 1200 pages long.
closed account (E0p9LyTq)
Broaden your understanding of C++, with what can and what should be done using the language:

https://isocpp.org/wiki/faq/how-to-learn-cpp#buy-several-books
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.