Problem running a project with FMOD library outside the development environment

Hi everybody,

I'm using FMOD Low Level Programmer library and API, as an additional inclusion to my MFC project in Visual Studio 2015, for play several sounds.

When running it in my development PC so far so good, sounds reproduce very well.

Now... when I copy it both Debug and Release generated folders to a customer PC (where's no Visual Studio), the program runs, but don't play any sound (remains mute)

I tryed all these follow attempts:

- I installed the FMOD to a customer PC.
- I've run executable examples that includes in the FMOD, and these reproduces all ok.
- I've copied the fmodL.dll in the same executable folder
- also, in projetc's properties for compile it, I put every entries in its each items like:

VC++ Directories>Inclusion File Directories:
--->C:\Program Files (x86)\FMOD SoundSystem\FMOD Studio API Windows\api\lowlevel\inc
C++ Directories>Library Directory Directories:
--->C:\Program Files (x86)\FMOD SoundSystem\FMOD Studio API Windows\api\lowlevel\lib
Linker>Entry>Additional Dependencies:
--->FmodL_vc.lib

Is there anybody can provide some ideas to solve it?

I'll really appreciate it.
It sounds like you may not be selecting the correct output device. For example, if the sound card has an analog output and a digital output (e.g. S/PDIF, HDMI) and the speakers are connected to the digital output but the system for some reason lists the analog output first.

Thanks Helios for reply,

It's been two whole days breaking my head on this issue.

At first I thought too that it could be the audio output port enumeration.

Based on this you told me, I did other test with the PlaySound function (native of C++). I moved its Debug forder to the another PC and I executed the .exe and the sounds played very good!!

So, output types and enumaration, discarded!

I think it must to be something on project properties, at compile time.

I tried also change mode parameters in code on FMOD::System::createSound(...FMOD_MODE mode...) function, but the same things!!
Sounds good on my development PC, but on the other mute.

Please, someone another idea?
What's your pipeline like? Do you use FMOD to generate a PCM, then you write the PCM to a file, then you play the file with PlaySound()?
Helios, I found the problem. Sorry, it was my fault.
It was because of my internal addressing file within my codes.
Anyway, I appreciate your kind attention.
Best regards.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.