How to connect objects in order to transport data between them?

Suppose I have a class Object which can send or receive some data:
class Object
{
  protected:
    int data;

public:
    void SendData();
    void ReceiveData();
};

Having two instances of this class obj1 and obj2 I want to connect them in some way. I would like to have this connection with the following properties:
1) For a given object it should be possible to connect as many as needed other objects to it.
2) Through this connection it should be possible to transport some data.
3) If needed each object should know about all of its connections. I.e. to what objects it is connected with and what objects are connected with it.

I do not ask writing a whole code for me. Just ideas what could I use to reach this.

EDIT:
My objects represent neurons. Each of them can be connected with each other. Each neuron can throw some number. This number is spreading out of all neurons that connected to this neuron. Connected neurons are getting this number with some weight which is also a number. So each connection is individual, it says how strong the connections between two given neurons. Eventually we have something like this:
class Connection
{
  protected:
     Neuron* in;
     Neuron* out;
     double weight;

public:
     Connection( Neuron* inNr, Neuron* outNr, double weight ) {
       //do some stuff with neurons;
     }
  //some members
};

Then in Neuron I could just store all connections:
class Neuron
{
  protected:
    vector<Neuron*> inConnections;//those neurons which I connected to
    vector<Neuron*> outConnections;//those neurons which are connected to me
  public:
  //some members
};

I could fill this connections inside Connection constructor.
This approach is full of design flaws.

I hope it helps to understand what I want.
Last edited on
Sorry for writing it here. But when I create a new topic from scratch I am not able to format text and use a preview. When I try to submit it I get an error. I can pass this by creating very short topic and then edit it. Why is this so?
Last edited on
The way you've stated it, the problem you're trying to solve has a very complex solution.
What are you actually trying to do? What do these objects represent? What do they do in your program?
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.