A few questions about Microsoft VS

I don't know if this is the correct forum to post this, but I have 2 problems:

1) When I go to Build->Rebuild Solution, and then try to run the program by clicking "Local Windows Debugger", it says it can't find an executable, and indeed, there is none in the ProjectFolder/Debug folder. So I copy the executable in the ProjectFolder folder, and I run again, but then I can see that it is still the old version of the program, which means my program didn't build at all.

2) In the Solution Explorer, all my sources and headers have small red icons next to them. I assume that means there is an error, but when I compile in another IDE, it shows no errors.

I don't know what to do with this. I switched to MS Visual Studio because the debugger of my old IDE (Dev-C++) is broken.
Looking at the screenshot you posted in the other thread, those red icons mean that MSVC is ignoring those files during the build process. Visual Studio does not display errors in the solution explorer. .cpp and .h files by default should not be ignored, so that means you added them to the project/solution incorrectly.

To add an existing file to a project, go to the solution explorer, right click on the project (not the solution), and select Add > Existing Item. You can also drag and drop files from an Explorer window.
You can add .o files, but MSVC will just ignore them because it doesn't understand them, so you may as well delete them.
That worked, thanks alot.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.