Route planning algorithm

Pages: 12
Unless you're using a GPS specifically made for surveying, "several meters" is typical error for GPS, particularly in or around buildings. I trust Google Earth more than I trust the lousy receiver in a phone.
Well, I'm not sure about the GPS in a phone, I might try it at some point but I think it would likely prove to be too much work for too little accuracy gain. I was using google maps to get the value of 300m for the distance between two points, I just tried again on Google Earth Pro (hopefully more accurate), and I got 300.5m going from (approximately) the middle of the intersection, and by measuring the "long" and "short" distances (farthest two corners, closest two corners), I get an error of about 20m for the scale I'm basing my calculations on. This yields a total tunnel length of about 4 - 4.6km. I will likely try this in the future with more intersections to get a more accurate result in the future.
Again, I'll look into the phone GPS thing but I'm pretty sure Google Earth will be pretty accurate.
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.
Pages: 12