Design Pattern demo's applying them with game logic in console mock engine

Hello,

I have found many design pattern examples, have a rather large collection of them, including Game Patterns. Which seems to be the only one really going over design patterns in games. I have a few books make simple engine involving design patterns (a few sfml specific ones), but it's rather all over the place.

I was wondering if anyone could help me come up with some simply challenges to applying them to a console using game logic. Preferably if I could somehow make them in an order where I could possibly link them up as a big giant mock engine using simple, cout statement to show the process.

I would like to implement as many of the GOF patterns as possible (I have resources for more modern implementations). Can anyone assist me? I don't need actual code, more of something like
E.G.
Abstract Factory Method: Making Factories for old, modern, futuristic type guns a player can find. Displaying random results of 3 weapons per options, displaying them with cout.

Something to that nature, or something. And preferably in a way I could possibly use them all as stated before simulating them all in a mock engine using the console.

Design Patterns:

Abstract Factory:
Factory:
Adapter
Bridge
Chain of Responsibility
Component: Think you can really use this for most things
Command: Think this is usually input
Composite
Decorator:
Facade
Iterator: From what I have gone over, this is pretty self-explanatory
Observer:
Proxy: Not sure this one can really be done
Prototype:
singleton: This one just makes sense doing all core parts of the mock engine
State:
Strategy:
Template Method:
Visitor:

Any other ideas would be welcomed. Or at least in your opinion the best way to do these in order to link up towards the end.

Thanks everyone, have a great weekend.
It doesn't make sense to use design pattern for the design pattern sake. It is more an approach for solving problems. In other words: You need a problem for this approach not the other way round.

So study them is good and as soon as you have a matching problem you might use them. In order to realize that you can use design pattern you need to divide bigger problems in smaller rather formal problems.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.