Which libraries or own engine

Hello.
Earlier, I long chose the programming language for game development. In the end, I chose C++ and Java. I chose long between these two languages, in the end, decided to teach both.
I want to start something, and I ran into a problem.
I want to develop sound games. Same as video games, but without graphics. And all engines and libraries are built on the graph.
Question:
Are there libraries where the player's implementation is not through a sprite, but through an object with parameters coordinates, etc.?
If not, what can you advise? That is, write everything on the graph, write your own engine or what?
Write your own engine is not a problem in terms of sound game, the implementation of the menu. But, for example, I want to implement the game as Call Of Duty. Shooter. And game engines and libraries contain physics and other simplifying elements. Independently which I do not realize because of the lack of knowledge of higher mathematics.
What can you advise?
Thanks in advance!
I have never written any code for games like Call of Duty, but for me it looks far to complicated to begin with. Why not start with sth. easier - maybe a text based adventure, hangman game, trivial pursuit ?
I created text games. I want to go to 2d and 3d games.
In MonoGame and in most other engines the main character is the sprite. I need a class player for example. If you make the engine yourself, then you need to count 3d, rotations. I can not.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.