c++ programm

i need urgent help programming this project ! i would be very thankful if you help me...!

"Develop system scheduler program (in C++) to schedule system operations. The system has limited resources. The scheduler must minimize number execution cycles and respect operation dependencies. Scheduler generates the utilization for each resource and system speedup.
Assumptions:
 Operators: + and ×
 Operands are either:
o variable name , one character: a, b, ...., x, y, z
o or constant, one number: 0,1, 2, 3, ....9
 An operation takes on clock cycle
 Scheduler can schedule as many operations as allowed by resources. Resources are
determined by command line.
 You need minimize number of cyc Program inputs and options:
o Program is invoked with following options: -m mult_num -a add_num  mult_num : number of available multipliers per cycle
 default : mult_num=1
 add_num : number of available adders per cycle
 default : add_num=1
o Input file (in.txt) has instructions, as shown in the below table o Produce output file (out.txt) as shown in the below table
 Programming environment: o Program language; C++
o Install cygwin (https://www.cygwin.com/). cygwin is a light unix for windows. o Use below program template to read command line options.
o run g++ commands g++ scheduler.cpp -o scheduler ./scheduler.exe -m 2 -a 2
MULTIPLIERS = 2 ADDERS = 2
o Input file (in.txt) has instructions, as shown in the below table o Produce output file (out.txt) as shown in the below table

Gonna need to see the rest of the project to have any idea what we're doing here, other than that it will require some serious code bumming.

g++ scheduler.cpp -o scheduler ./scheduler.exe -m 2 -a 2

should really be
rm scheduler.exe ; g++ scheduler.cpp -o scheduler ; ./scheduler.exe -m 2 -a 2

if you want to compile and then immediately run the program. Deleting the old version allows you to see any compilation errors you might have without running the previous version of the program (which in many cases will conceal the fact that your changes did nothing to the exe; i.e. if you blank the screen or make a lot of output)

This sounds fun. Post more details!
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.