TI calculator c++

Greetings,
I was considering buying a progammable calculator, but after some search i found out both TI and casio ones use some weird basic-like languages with very strict constraints (for example TI only allows float arrays, even if all i need is a boolean).
After desperate searches i ended up in this article:
http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/C%2B%2B_Support_in_TI_Compilers
which seems to tell c++ can be compiled to TI's assembly. But i cannot find any example, i've literally no idea how to interface to the calculator, i feel totally lost in a void lack of everything.
Does anyone know a specific forum that talks about that? Some examples? Just *something*?
I don't even want to buy a 80€+ calculator if i've no idea what i can do with it…

Honestly i'd feel better with a Raspberri-like item, but i'm not the hardware kind of guy, i don't want to mess with pins and microscopic cables to connect some weird displays and keypads without any stable chassis.
Why not just get an Android smartphone without a line? It runs on ARM like a Pi; it has way more oomph than any programmable calculator; you can program it in Java, C/++, and a number of other languages; and knowing how to program one is a marketable skill.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.