Network file access CFile::Open()

Hi All,
I am trying to access a file on a WD Mycloud Network drive using Visual Studio 2017 and C++ on a Windows 10 setup

For instance:
const CString FILESPEC = "\\\\MSI\\MY CLOUD_2126EC7075FFAD3E12C34AB9DEE384B9\\Technical\\SupportLogger\\Customers.Txt

CustomerInput.Open (CUSTOMERASCIIFILESPEC, CFile::modeRead | CFile::typeText | CFile::shareDenyNone | CFile::shareExclusive, &FileError);

If I simply paste the string "\\MSI\MY CLOUD_2126EC7075FFAD3E12C34AB9DEE384B9\Technical\SupportLogger\Customers.Txt" into an explorer window then the file opens in Notepad so I have to assume that it is not an access rights issue.

However if I use the above code the CFileException::GetErrorMessage() tells me that the path can not be found yet it is provably there and valid.

I have tried mapping the drive, I have tried using WNGetConnection() and extracting the path and using that. All to no avail. I can access other servers
on the network and open files using the above code. I have no idea why the file on this drive is perfectly accessible using drag and drop or typing the path in explorer yet will not open in my code. I am thinking this has to be an issue with the WDMycloud drive but I am struggling with the logic. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.