How do you know if you have the right library?

Working on an led project. Calls out for ethernet.h, artnet.h and fastled.h. I have confirmed that the ethernet and fastled libraries are working by running a separate script and having the leds run accordingly. This also tells me that I have the wiring run correctly also. I am using a script from a tutorial; so I am making an assumption that the script has been vetted. I ran a port program which also gave me the IP and Mac of the arduino; so I know those are correct.

So with all this in mind is it possible the artnet library works with the arduino the blogger used but not the one I am using? If this is a possible problem how do I find a working library; as there is no update for the library I am using.

While it is possible that the artnet script has not been vetted; artnet also is not working for the Jinx! program. So again this tells me this is a library problem.

thank you for being patient.

~Will
It seems that you've done a good job of narrowing down the problem. Do the various functions in the artnet library return anything useful? A good library will tell you when it fails and why. Check the return values for errors.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.