Locking a Window to another Window

Hey Guys/Gals!

First off, I've been a stalker of this site for quite some time. I first learned of it around 2002 or 2003. I was young, and had an appetite for learning, which got me into trouble. But to my questions! Also, please do not give the exact answer, I will never learn if you spoon feed me it.

I cannot give the full details of the application due to it containing proprietary internal information for the company I work for. However, I'll do my best to explain it in general terms. I'm using Qt Creator 4.7.2 / Qt 5.11.2 MSVC 2015 32bit / MSVC 2017 32bit.

With that said, here we go.

I've got an application that's attached to a piece of KVM software.
https://www.startech.com/Server-Management/KVM-Switches/USB-Crash-Cart-Adapter~NOTECONS02X The link above is the tool we use, the software is available through some searching on their site.

I need to target the executable, attach my application to the side of it, so when it's moved, my screen is moved, and the final portion is; there's a button on a custom toolbar we have that I need to target, when the button is clicked, I need my application to "pay attention" and start the image capture, which is a scrolling screenshot. The scrolling screenshot is a small 640x480 or 800x600 screen, and the image to capture can be quite long, we're talking a 2000+ pixel long image.

I'm not new to C++, but I'm not super advanced, and I feel that what I'm trying to do is beyond my skill set. I tried to Google it but I wasn't getting anywhere. I'm starting with the scrolling screenshot portion because that's something I can do easily. But I'm not going to scurry away from a challenge. The whole point of this software is to allow people who don't have remote access, to be able to copy text from the screen, translate it with Tesseract-OCR, and have the text output to a window people can highlight and copy from.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.