Looking For Comprehensive Code Completion, Syntax Highlighting and Error Checking Library

Hi there!

I'm wondering if there are any free to use C/C++ libraries for code completion, syntax highlighting, and error checking.

I am NOT looking for an IDE. I am looking for a library that an IDE might possibly use to accomplish these tasks.

To clarify, I'm looking for a library that is written in C/C++ and is for parsing C++ code.

I should be able to feed it information, feed it stuff like source files, include directories, preprocessor definitions, etc.

I should be able to query for code completion based on what and where I'm typing.

I should be able to query for text/characters that should be highlighted based on the language syntax.

I should be able to have it parse the code and check for errors, then I should be able to retrieve those errors, what line they are on, a description of the error, and more relevant to the language standard I'm using. ( C++11, C++14, C++17 )

I understand that this is quite a lot to ask for, and I doubt if I'd find all this functionality in a single library, or if I could even find a library that supports any of them.

But I'd appreciate any information available.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.