C/C++ code review question asking during interview.

Hello Guys,
Hope you are well. I am a C/C++ cross platform developer, working on Windows/Linux and Mac OSX for last three years. As I am not happy with my current job so I am looking to switch to new Job(reason being for better salary and because there is very little learning in my current job).

I have already given couple of final stage interviews where I have been asked some C/C++ code review questions related to multi threading,string manipulations, pointers etc.

I did well on those tests(probably answered 70% correctly) but not well enough to be offered job.

I was wondering if anyone can point me towards a book/discussion forums that addresses these two interview preparation stages,

* C/C++ code review test
* A design problem given at interview which I have to suggest solution to( this could be collection of common design questions asked during interview or list build up based on people's experience during interviews).

I know there is no hard and fast rule or book which you can read and pass the interview. The best way is to experience more and more programming/development/design implementation but any data/book where people have shared their experience will be helpful.

Regards,
https://itrate.co/
Last edited on
I did well on those tests(probably answered 70% correctly) but not well enough to be offered job.

do you have your scores, or are you guessing that no offer == sub par test results? Choosing someone is challenging when you have a bunch of good candidates, and rejection of one candidate does not always mean they were not good enough, just that you had 10 people to put in 1 space...

there are interview question compilations out there for c++ if you search around. But a lot of them are the trick question junk like how to swap without using swap() or temporaries. You may also find some gems on things like the AP programmer sample test questions (these used to have small design questions on them, but I have not looked in some time, and they may not be tied to any one language). Or google software design test/interview questions?
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.