I just started! :3

So i just started my course for python and it goes great and very fun, im interested in learning c++ or c so i can improve my skills into coding since im wanting to code stuff for mobile apps and coding some personal cheats mod menus for games would c++ be good? coding stuff for consoles & pc games and pc/mobile Programs/apps and so on
Last edited on
I'd suggest you choose C++ instead of C, for application work.

I'd suggest you not learn two languages at once. It gets confusing. You need multiple languages, don't get me wrong, but many languages share basic syntax, and even long experienced veterans have some minor issues switching between, say, C# and C++.

While C++ is used for some mobile applications, that's not quite the whole story. Android apps are written in Java. C++ is treated as a "side" language for Android, though you can insist to write in C++, you have a lot to learn about Android to make it work.

For iOS the main language is either Swift or Objective-C. It is simpler to mix C++ with Objective-C, but Swift is improving in this regard with every new release.

If you intend to write games, you shouldn't write to either mobile operating system, you should choose a game engine.

Console come in multiple flavors, and again, choose a game engine.

Languages like Python, C#, Java...they make things simpler for you and it is easier to get results, and to learn. C++ is a deep dive, right into the heart of the rabbit hole. It is my own language of choice, but I've used it since the late 80's.

At some point, if you're any good, "coding" gives way to engineering. For that you need computer science.

if you learn c++, you will be able to read, modify, and with a tiny bit of practice and learning the minor differences, write C code. Ignore C for now.

C++ is a big deal. A decade or so ago it was common wisdom that learning C++ well was going to take a couple of years. I would stick to your python and focus on the principles learned in your classwork for now, and pick up C++ in a course designed for that, or later on the side, or if you have a ton of free time, start learning it slowly. But to echo the above, the language isnt important. Its a means to an end. More important to understand the concepts
Thanks guys! :) well im sticking to python atm until i finish it and then make some projects and then ill move to c++ also Niccolo im interested in making some cheats mods for grand theft auto v was thinking about it
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.