Visualizing my Matching Engine

I recently build a matching engine and would like to build a visualisation of it similar to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuAFhXLyXdo

I have a global bestAsk, a global bestBid and a global orderBook that holds a vector to priceLevels which are of the type std::queue which holds an object of type orderElement. The only visualization I currenly have is the stdout of orders being executed, and other orders being placed. I'd like to learn the software required to create a visual that tracks:

1. bestAsk and bestBid (similar to the video)
2. The size of priceLevel (depth at each price). This is reflected in the red and green bars in the video.
3. A line for both the bestBid and bestAsk that reflects the bestAsk and bestBid as of the most recent order execution (once again, similar to the video).

What software/skill-set is being used to create this? Where can I learn to do this as well?

Below is an example of my stdout.

[LIMIT ORDER SUBMITTED] (WOXIU-QWVGM-FSAFR) for 332 contracts.
[LIMIT ORDER SUBMITTED] (LXYYY-FADRM-ZZQAK) for 489 contracts.
[EXECUTION] (2729) Passive Buy order (FCTCT-TCJWD-OWNJS) has been filled at price: 8995
[EXECUTION] (2730) Passive Buy order (GUNRF-TMSQR-HNWNF) has been partially filled at price: 8995
[EXECUTION] (2731) Passive Sell order (JGDFF-HTQOH-QPXQP) has been filled at price: 8996
[EXECUTION] (2732) Passive Sell order (SJTDH-QFAVO-AVMRN) has been partially filled at price: 8996
[EXECUTION] (2733) Passive Buy order (GUNRF-TMSQR-HNWNF) has been filled at price: 8995
[EXECUTION] (2734) Passive Buy order (WCWSN-YUDAU-LFIFO) has been filled at price: 8995
[EXECUTION] (2735) Passive Buy order (BYHXW-ATGFK-DTFXN) has been partially filled at price: 8995
[EXECUTION] (2736) Passive Buy order (BYHXW-ATGFK-DTFXN) has been filled at price: 8995
[EXECUTION] (2737) Passive Buy order (KKKAL-SCMRQ-TOVYU) has been partially filled at price: 8995
Last edited on
> a visualisation of it similar to this
I have no idea what that's representing, you'll have to describe it.
it seems to be a kind of histogram, but don't understand the lines
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.