Weird Error List using VS2019

Have tried to compile several C++ apps downloaded from Github and they all compile with numerous errors all referring to external dependencies. So that got me thinking, a single compile failure; look deeper. Two compile failures something weird is going on. So now try and eliminate.

Created a new C++ Console Hello World project and immediately did a build. Error out: 917 errors all pointing to external dependencies e.g. 'constexpr' is not valid here File type_traits and so on. Right! this should not be happening!
The toolset used is 14.24.28314 and the include directories are pointing to ..\10.0.16299.

My guess that there is a conflict going on (as if C++ is being compiled as C#) and unfortunately I cannot see the wood for the trees. I have checked all the usual suspects Tools:Options and examining the compiled output but no clues there. Also completed a VS2019 repair! Clang components are not installed

So if a member could either have an Eureka moment or give me some pointers on what else to try, I would be most grateful as this problem is to be honest driving me nuts. Source has not been included as it wouldn't be relevant to problem resolution.

Thanks in advance
'10.0.16299' is most likely the windows sdk version. It seems rather old (I have 10.17... and higher).

Thus there might be a version conflict. Either selecting the latest version may help or you need a clean reinstall.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.