C++ to java convertor

Hi,
Is there any tool available for conversion of C/C++ source to java equivalent. We are looking a tool which is good as per industrial point of view.
Well there is no operator overloading in Java so maybe its not possible.
closed account (EzwRko23)

Well there is no operator overloading in Java so maybe its not possible.

BS.

Operator overloading is no big deal. Custom operators in C++ are just functions / methods.
They can be easily replaced. The bigger obstacle is crazy overcomplicated C++ syntax - the nightmare of designers of any C++ processing tools.

http://tangiblesoftwaresolutions.com/Product_Details/CPlusPlus_to_Java_Converter_Details.html
Last edited on
Thanks,
Is this convertor used for industrial purpose?
I checked it's docs and found that there are lot of TO DO tasks in this tool.
Example :
bit fields are not allowed, operator overloading not avalibale etc.
For all these TO DO tasks it mentions :
"To Do tasks require your attention and will require you to make some adjustment:"

closed account (EzwRko23)
I don't know. I doubt you find something really good. It is better to redesign and rewrite the code manually - then you can improve its quality by the way. Or if you only want to use it from Java - wrap it and call through JNI. I don't know what benefit would you gain by just automatically translating the code to Java. Even if this transition could be done, C++ style of code done in Java is already a bad idea.
We need it as per our requirements from customer.
Thanks for the reply.
What software are you converting?
Damn - if I were paying someone to convert C/C++ code into Java, I'd expect them to do it by hand and not crank it through some convertor.

+1 xorebxebx comment
It is better to redesign and rewrite the code manually - then you can improve its quality by the way.

His other idea is also pretty good - as a customer, I would prefer that you do this, rather than feed it through some mechanical convertor:
Or if you only want to use it from Java - wrap it and call through JNI.

How many lines of C/C++ code are we talking about here?
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.