Server clients and sockets

OK so i want to make a program that runs both a server and a client on the same machine

My idea is that there will be several of these machines running the same application and each client side of the application will connect to the other servers where all the servers will have connections to each others clients

How possible is this? Does any one have a link to a similar project from which i can take guidance from???

(i actually started this project in Java but after an intense amount of coding and nothing working i thought i might jump to something more familial.)
Last edited on
Why you not just make ONE server and all the clients connect to the server?
i would like to send all the data directly to each computer without using a intermediary
Well your idea i think is good... why is not working?
Well i havent started the C/C++ version of my code yet so i was just wondering if any one had any good links to something similar for guidance or protips

im not exactly sure why the java isnt working =/

I also wanted to bounce my idea off other people
Last edited on
An application that runs as both the server and the client is called "peer-to-peer". I don't actually know what your application does so I can't say how possible it might be.
P2P ;P thought so ... fits the description

It just passes some structs
Then I'd say that C++ is the way to go, but I say that about everything. If anything this should be easier in Java, it would certainly be easier once you deploy it across multiple platforms since you'll only need to write it for one specific framework and (ideally) it should work across any platform.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.