Socket Programming for windows

Hi,

I am writing my Master Thesis and should make a Socket-programm in c++ on windows. I have to finish this program within 2 weeks but i dont have any idea about c++ nor socket programming. I already installed the "visual studio 2005 professional edition". would somebody help me and write such a code which allows the sending of a binary file between two PCs?

Thx and regards,

Banzouk
i dont have any idea about c++
Do you really need to use C++?
There is so much wrong with this request that I don't even know where to begin... I'm just going to address what I think is the most relevant to the OP.

@ OP: A program that uses the Win32 API to do something that it has been explicitly designed to do is NOT an appropriate topic for a MASTERS Thesis in any kind of Computer Science degree that I have heard of. No matter how thorough you are at analysing the code and the process, this will not give you a passing grade by itself. Doesn't your professor have to approve of your topic before you start it? Did they approve of something this simplistic? PLEASE tell me there is more to this project then sending data between A and B.
Also, we don't exactly have any good reason to write the code that your Masters Thesis needs for you. In fact, we have a good reason not to, as it would lessen the value of your degree. Sorry. :\

-Albatross
Hi,

Thank you all for the replies!

My master Thesis is about automotive control systems, so I wasnt supposed to do any thing related to sockets!
but during my tests, my Professor recognized that there are a lot of similarities between the networkin technology i am testing and the TCP-Socket. so he suggested to write/find such a code which make a tcp-socket connection between 2 pcs to make a comparison between both technologies!
So i dont need to understand that code... i only need the comparison results!

My problem is that i still have only 2 weeks for the finale presentation where i should present some results about that comparison...

Thx all

Banzouk

Last edited on
closed account (1vRz3TCk)
I would start reading:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms740673(v=VS.85).aspx

I don't know what's your problem. The internet is based on sockets hence you find tons of information about that subject with 1 search.

Look at this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_socket

Esp. the external links. There's a really colorful explanation and source code.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.