Scanning the screen for colours, and then reacting to the colours.

Before reading any further 'windows.h' is officially banned from this thread.

As the title says, find out colours on the screen (or alternatively just under the mouse cursor) return the colour and the pixel position that it's at (if you're using the colour under the mouse cursor the latter will be irrelevant since you'd already know the position of the colour: under the mouse.)

This is a hard thing for me to accomplish (I'm gracefully out of my depth, but I appreciate a challenge.) though once I've finished I'll sort it into a simplistic mini-API for future use.

*I'm not actually asking for the whole thing to be written for me, any help will be appreciated.

Any ideas/methods/references/code snippets to help me would be great.
Matthew Bronder wrote:

Does that mean this is for Linux or Mac or something else?
closed account (DSLq5Di1)
Matthew Bronder wrote:
So I assume you're not programming on windows? because if you were.. that would be kinda silly.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd183402%28VS.85%29.aspx

-edit-
Eek! I missed your post webJose.
Last edited on
Does that mean this is for Linux or Mac or something else?

Yes, all the topics I've stumbled upon like to start with #include <windows.h> which indeed saddens me since I only have access to a Linux box.
The ironic thing is that all of this discussion is going to attract people that are looking for Windoze solutions are going to see this thread because of it's copious use of windows.h.
I can offset some of that balance by saying "X11".

Ahem. X11.
I see. Well, next time be sure to post in the Linux Programming forum so as to make 100% clear that you are looking for a Linux solution. :-)

P. S.: See how I am helping by writing "Linux" so much? hehe
I felt I'd get more attention here (I did but not necessarily the attention I'd like).
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.