ok where can I get a java compiler?

Pages: 12
this may seem offtopic but anyway here goes.

Where can I get everything I need to run, compile and build a java program?

I have tried various 'jdk''s but they don't cut it. they require admin rights to install. All i need is something that I can save to a dvd and run from any computer. Thanks.
I think Drjava is lightweight, no install needed, but off course, you need a compiler.
liquidfuzz: please don't patronize me.

I've spent all day trying to find a compiler, 'jdk's 'sdk's, runtime enviornments etc, that 1) the downloads don't time out at 98% complete, 2) are actually what they say they are and 3) don't need to be installed.

For brevity's sake I'm truncating this list early.
Lol, I'm not trying to, now I feel your frustration. ;-) I begin to suspect you're using windows, or? Then I'm unfortunately out of my juristdiction. Linux is better suited for guys like me who just want things to work, but don't have any insight.
Ok I downloaded Drjava. (for windows) Now what else do I need? and where can I get it from?
closed account (o1vk4iN6)
It's in the jdk ?

Program Files/Java/jdk1.7.0/bin/

It's called javac.exe I think, I don't really like their compiler I just use eclipse.

Why do you assume that I already have it?
I dabbled in Java a while ago, and I used NetBeans. Its not exactly light weight, but it can be used for lots of other languages as well, but it comes with a Java compiler by default.
Thats nice but it requires to be installed.
What can anyone tell me about jikes?
closed account (yh54izwU)
Eclipse, netbeans, jedit (they all compile inside the program) make sure you download the java sdk though
Eclipse is probably your best bet. IIRC it ships with a jdk and doesn't require installation.
where can I get a jdk that I don't need to install?

Honestly, its hard for me to believe that you some of you guys would actually bother reading the later posts without having read the first posts. I DO NOT HAVE ADMINISTRATION RIGHTS. Thank you very much.
If you're not able to smooth talk the administrator, maybe you could try and unpack it into a folder where you're allowed to thinker. Then point to this folder from the program you using. Just an idea, I have no clue of how to do these things in windows.
Last edited on
your right liquidfuzz. Thats what I'm gonna have to do. I'd just wanted to see if I could spare a few bucks by not having to go to a cyber cafe. I'll have to install there, burn to a disc, and bring it with me everywhere i go. Thats is afterall how I get codeblocks to work.
which would you recomment best:
NetBeans or Eclipse?

And they contain everything I need right?
(Everything = Everything)
Eclipse, it ships in a zipped folder, no install required. But honestly, if you don't have admin rights why even bother coding on it. If you just want to test some code you can use an online compiler like http://ideone.com/
but however, if c-free and other installers exist that don't require admin rights, then why isn't there a java compiler installer that don't require installation rights?
Likely because for it to work it needs to add to PATH variable. Did you try eclipse yet?
closed account (o1vk4iN6)
Download a linux distro, burn it onto a disc, put the disc into your computer, boot from disc.

Seriously, windows multi user management sucks shit, it's bad enough you can't install stuff without being admin. I never want to be in a situation where I'm not an admin on a windows computer. At least for linux you have tarballs and such if you are not an admin.
Last edited on
Pages: 12