Running c++ application in webbrowser?

is it possible? I would like to create some simple web-browser game but I don't feel like I can start to learn another programming language cuz I'm still improving my skills in c++, I know that you can run java in webbrowser, so what about c++?
Java runs through a virtual machine, and that's the reason why it could be run in any environment, and that's why it's cross platform (and slower than C++, however), but C++ talks to the processor and to the operating system. Unfortunately it's not possible to run C++ code in browsers, and that's why your browser complains with 10000 security messages when a website tries to run an installer on your computer.
well, can you then recommend me some language that is similliar to c++ and can be run in webbrowsers - also it is possible to create webbrowser games with it?
Java or Flash depending on how complex you want to get.
well not something really hardcore, just those clicking games like gladiatus, the crims etc
Java is very close to C++, in fact it's way easier than C++. In Java there are no pointers. You can call Java: (C++) - C = Java ;-)

It's very simple, everything is objects. You just have to familiarise yourself with the new language. It's not a big deal.
yeah but, isn't game in java like normal PC Game? I wanted to create only simple game like travian, tribalwars etc, I don't think they are created in java, or?
You can create a CGI script that will run in a web browser. You would have to set up the web browser to handle CGI scripts though. It is possible thought, I wrote a counter program that was a CGI script. Writing a whole game will be a huge challenge, but it can be done through CGI scripts because the CGI scripts is nothing more then an executable file with a CGI extension.

There is a common rule I live by, you can do anything with C / C++, it is just a matter of figuring out how.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.