How to install and build cURL and libcurl

This Newbie is confused again. I Googled to find out where and how to install and build cURL and libcurl on my win7 64 bit c++ 2010 pro compiler and got the file: curl / winbuild / BUILD.WINDOWS.txt but, it looks like Greek to me.
It sure would be nice if someone could translate its data so it would be in a more understood format for this dummy newbie. . . like a step-by-step set of specific instructions telling me *exactly where. . . in what folder of the c:\ drive* should I put the unzipped cURL.exe file in? Presently I have the *cURL.exe application* and the *curl-ca-bundle.crt* in a folder on my c: drive, but I do not know how to install and build the libcurl so I can use cURL in a c++ program.
At present I am using another's sample code as a learning experience, but I am having build problems because I do not have cURL or libcurl installed and builded. My code is:
 /* 
     * This is a very simple example of how to use libcurl from within 
     * a C++  program. The basic idea is that you want to retrieve the 
     * contents of a web page as a string. Obviously, you can replace 
     * the buffer object with anything you want and adjust elsewhere 
     * accordingly. 
     * Hope you find it useful.. 
     * Todd Papaioannou 
     */  

#include <string>  
	#include <iostream>  

#include <$(BOOST)\include>

#include "curl/curl.h"

using namespace std;  

// Write any errors in here  
    static char errorBuffer[CURL_ERROR_SIZE];  

// Write all expected data in here  
    static string buffer; 

I know there are more things wrong, however during this phase I'm working on just the curl code.
If you use Makefile to compile, you need to specify certain compilation rules that include curl;
If you use IDE such as VS, you need to specify paths for include files and path for lib itself. I can't recall the exact entry you need to modify, but it seems to be in project setting, or something alike.

Hope it helps.
To build libCurl in windows you need to generate VS2010 solution file (*.sln) first. To do it, you need to download and install Cmake (or most likely Cmake-GUI frontend).
I Googled for further instructions and got:http://geographika.co.uk/64-bit-curl-with-openssl-on-windows I downloaded the latest cURL and libcurl (curl-7.25.0.zip) and unzipped it in *D:|Projects* as directed by the above website. The instructions say to look for a vc6curl.dsw file. Here is my first problem. There are no *.dsw files in the unzipped folder. In the src folder there is a makefile.vc10, which did open in vc++ 2010. However, no other actions were allowed. I could not go to -> build -> configuration. I'm stuck. How do I install and build? Please give me a step-by-step instruction set. The instructions on the web don't seem to apply in my case. I'm too new to c++ and to libcurl to make sense of what they say. I'm using Win 7 64 bit visual studio 2010 pro in 64 bit mode compiler.
I goofed. I did build libcurl on my D: drive, but it ended up building a win32 build. How can I rebuild to have a 64 bit build? Thanks . . . . therry
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.