DarkGDK Question

I don't know if anyone knows this but what do I need to include along with my exe and graphics/sounds to have my friends run my game on their computer. I know they will need directx sdk but is there any dlls i could pack with it so they don't have to download a 500 mb file?
I know they will need directx sdk

That's unlikely. To run the compiled program, only the DirectX end-user runtime should be necessary.

I know they will need directx sdk but is there any dlls i could pack with it so they don't have to download a 500 mb file?

Just run the program on another computer and see which ones are missing.
Alternatively, check which DLLs your program is importing from.
Well my program doesn't use any dlls but when I run it on another computer it says there is a side-by-side configuration error.
SxS came after my time, but you're supposed to be able to use sxstrace.exe in this case.
While I don't know how SxS works exactly, it seems like a concept that requires new libraries to register themselves at a central location in the system - as such, simply putting some additional DLLs in your application's folder probably won't be sufficient.
But perhaps someone more familiar with Windows development can answer your question.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.