Issue with Visual Studio 2010

I recently bought a new computer. I downloaded visual studio express 2010 onto it and since then I have not been able to build a project. It is not an issue with the code since the source compiles fine. I never had this issue on my old computer. Whenever I try to build a project, I recieve this message:
1>  test.cpp
1>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'C:\Users\Tyler\documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\test\Debug\test.exe'
========== Rebuild All: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

I use AVG antivirus and I have tried adding the file to the exclusion list, but to no avail. I am also using Windows 7 (my previous computer was XP). This issue has me quite frustrated and I would be pleased if anyone could help resolve it.
Try going to that directory and seeing if the file exists if it doesn't exist then it actually failed to compile...
Try to use Ctrl+Alt+F7 to rebuild the solution.
Ok I went to that directory and no .exe file exists; only a program debug database. Now the question is, why isn't it building? The code is perfectly fine.
#include <iostream>

int main(void)
{
	using std::cout;
	cout << "!\n";
}

That's all it is, and it still won't build.
closed account (o1vk4iN6)
Does it have permission to write the file ?
I have a similar issue with Avast antivirus, the solution was fixing access permissions from "Security" tab, disabling antivirus and restarting. After that, all works again.

Try to move entire project folder to somewhere else, like in "D" drive and see if this works.
Ok it must be an issue with the antivirus. When I disabled it, the program built fine. I've added the Visual Studio path to the exceptions and now everything seems to be working. Thanks very much.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.