Server Side Programming

Hi I'm wondering if anyone out there can help me. I'm looking for someone with C++ Programming experience but they would need to have Server Side Programming experience also.

Do all C++ programmers have server side experience or are there key words I should be looking for to highlight server side programming experience?

Any help is really appreciated.

Thanks!! :)
This seems like a strange question. I may have some advice on subject for you, but since topic may be rather broad it will be helpful for me to know the context in which you are asking this question.

Why are you seeking a c++ specifically server side programmer? Is there a particular task at hand that you feel c++ server side programming is require and if so why? ie what about the domain "problem" makes you believe that a c++ server side programmer will be most required.
Hi,

Thanks for your response. Basically I'm not that technical and I'm recruiting for a programmer with C++ and server-side programming experience. So far the search hasn't been great and I'm wondering what keywords in a persons CV will show me that they have server side programming??

Thanks
Sounds like something that may or may not appear on a CV. Just say that the job requires server-side programming ability in a particular language on the OS your server runs on.

Then if lots of people turn up choose the ones with the best experience, or if what turns up is crap then wait around, or see what else is wrong with your job ads; it's an employer's economy after all, there should be people shoving and pushing to get at any non-horrendous jobs like this.
Basically I'm not that technical and I'm recruiting for a programmer with C++ and server-side programming experience.

Are you recruiting for a company you personally work for or are you working for a recruitment agency?

Would it thus be possible to obtain finer details of the task at hand such that the relevant set of skills could be identified and requested for?
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.