Botting with C++

Pages: 12
Hello, im new here and i was wondering... how would i make a bot of some sort for botting on a game like WoW? i am pretty experienced with C++ but im not the brightest.. i would say im just an averagely experienced C++ programmer, ive made a color aimbot before, a ammo hacker for HALO CE but i want to make something new.

can somone please redirect me towards something that may help me out? thanks, Pinky ;D
closed account (o1vk4iN6)
Programming is only half the battle.
"Programming is only half the battle." What does this mean?
@i2Fluffy sorry hun but that isnt what i meant, ive already seen that tutorial before. im trying to find out how to make a bot for a game like WoW. Thanks for replying though sweety.
I'll refer to my rather blunt but accurate post i wrote a little while back on the weekly posts related to hacking games.

the usual teenager who likes to hack attempt to hack in order to bring himself into a false reality at a game he most likely lacks the skill to play successfully and ruins other gamers experience. You are the scum of the earth, barley surpassing the capacitance and intelligence of a rock.
first off honey, im not a guy. secondly, if my intelligence level were equal to that of a rock, how would i know how to use c++? how would i have joined this website? also, im not a teen sweety. i am 18 and planning to go to college for game programming soon.
i am 18 and planning to go to college for game programming soon.

Not to be rude, but is "18" not spelled "eighTEEN".
But your project sounds interesting, as long as you only do it for learning, not for actually ruining others experience. You would have to be able to inject your code into the game and understand how the game mechanics work and how it stores it data in order to make your bot.
closed account (zb0S216C)
pinky4free wrote:
"how would i make a bot of some sort for botting on a game like WoW?"
pinky4free wrote:
"ive made a color aimbot before"

You know your answer to your question already.

Wazzak

P.S: The whole "I'm female" persistence is consistent with a user who we all should know of by now. Grammar also is consistent.
uh actually framework, no i didnt answer my question, a color aimbot is very much different than a bto for a game like WoW as you cannot change the colors of the models in games like WoW.

Also, i am not using this to ruin other players time on the game as i only play WoW on a private server and i also have the server-masters permission to test it on his server...

so could somone help me out on how to get started here?

a color aimbot just detects where a certain color is on your screen and clicks it. a bot for a game like WoW is supposed to be able to find the enemy by some sort of ID... any idea how i could get started?
Every game is different, you first have to reverse engineer how the game works (stores entities) and figure out which of those entities are players. Doom3 stores it's entity pointers in an array, but it reserves the first few ( 32 ? ) for players.

is there any tutorial on how to get the pointer arrays or anything?
im not a teen sweety. i am 18

18 = eight teen
Yes ResidentBiscuit, thanks for posting that useless compilation of words. Someone already posted that so thanks for the useless reply.
is there any tutorial on how to get the pointer arrays or anything?

That is usually half the problem, there are little/no tutorials on this topic, which is what makes them so hard, have you ever reverse engineered a program? If not, the start with a basic or a program you made then move your way up. If so, the do the same with WoW.
That's why I said it's half the battle. Most people don't know how to reverse engineer because they never learn low-level stuff like assembly. Grab a decompiler and let the fun begin.
like OllyDBG?
and by Revese engineering do you mean?
My definition of Reverse Engineering:
To take an executable and through the use of a disassembler and/or a decompiler find the meaning of the program so that one can understand how it works.
Hope it helps, and good luck, it is going to be a long and hard road
Yes ResidentBiscuit, thanks for posting that useless compilation of words. Someone already posted that so thanks for the useless reply.

Don't claim falsities then. Have fun with your unreasonable project :D
Have fun with your unreasonable project :D

LOL, is it just me or is that a prime example of a backhanded compliment?
Pages: 12