Program with != Mem print on XP and Win7

Hi,

I made a C++ program. On my XP machine (~2004 laptop), in task manager, I see that the program memory consumption is around 13K while with my Win 7 64 bits machine (~2011 laptop) the memory consumption is around 24K. Its exactly the same program, how can I explain this?

Also, on my Win7 64 bits machine, in task manager under the process tab, there is a tab named CPU. In the CPU tab, all program have numbers like 0 or 1 while (once) my program showed 18 to 24 (varies) and sometimes it shows numbers like the other program (0 or 1). What this number means? How can I interpret this? How come it varies so much?

Thanks all.
there is a tab named CPU. In the CPU tab, all program have numbers like 0 or 1 while (once) my program showed 18 to 24 (varies)
This was the CPU usage (based on your description). When a process is idle it will use 0/1, when it is doing work it will have more CPU usage.
Ok Thanks,

Do you have any idea why on XP the mem usage is 13K while on 7 64 bits it is 24K?
Memory addresses and pointers are 64 bit (8 bytes) on a 64 bit machine, while they are 32 bits(4 bytes) on a 32 bit machine. That might be why
Last edited on
Well it seems to be the answer because the 13K and 24 K mem print varies and 13*2 ~= 24. Thanks!
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.