unable to start program

what can be the reason that i get this error while trying debugging?
closed account (NbMiz8AR)
can u show me the error. like copy and paste the error
Last edited on
An error would be nice :b
when i try to debug it says in a little window "unable to start program.system could'nt find the file.

my code
// 1sutundist.cpp : main project file.
#include "stdafx.h"
using namespace std;
void main(){
  float line;
  string str[32][75];
  int a=0,b=0,i,j,k;
  ifstream yourfile ("iristrain1sutun.txt");
  if (yourfile.is_open()){
	  while ( yourfile.good() )  {
	 getline (yourfile,str[a][b],' ');
     cout << str[a][b] <<  endl;
	  if(a==31){
		a=0;
		b++;
		getline(yourfile,str[a][b],' ');}
	  a++;}
	  yourfile.close();}
  else cout << "Unable to open file"; 
  float result[75];  
	  for(j=0;j<5;j++){
		  for(k=0;k<75;k++){
				result[k]=(str[0][0]-str[0][k])*(str[0][0]-str[0][k]);
		  }}
	  for(int i=0;i<75;i++){
		cout<< result[i]
	  }
  system("pause");
}

the error reported in commant part is:
1>------ Build started: Project: 1sutundist, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1> 1sutundist.cpp
1>1sutundist.cpp(23): error C2784: 'reverse_iterator<_RanIt>::difference_type std::operator -(const std::reverse_iterator<_RanIt> &,const std::reverse_iterator<_RanIt2> &)' : could not deduce template argument for 'const std::reverse_iterator<_RanIt> &' from 'std::string'
1> C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\include\xutility(1332) : see declaration of 'std::operator -'
1>1sutundist.cpp(23): error C2784: 'reverse_iterator<_RanIt>::difference_type std::operator -(const std::reverse_iterator<_RanIt> &,const std::reverse_iterator<_RanIt2> &)' : could not deduce template argument for 'const std::reverse_iterator<_RanIt> &' from 'std::string'
1> C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\include\xutility(1332) : see declaration of 'std::operator -'
1>1sutundist.cpp(23): error C2784: '_Base1::difference_type std::operator -(const std::_Revranit<_RanIt,_Base> &,const std::_Revranit<_RanIt2,_Base2> &)' : could not deduce template argument for 'const std::_Revranit<_RanIt,_Base> &' from 'std::string'
1> C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\include\xutility(1146) : see declaration of 'std::operator -'
1>1sutundist.cpp(23): error C2784: '_Base1::difference_type std::operator -(const std::_Revranit<_RanIt,_Base> &,const std::_Revranit<_RanIt2,_Base2> &)' : could not deduce template argument for 'const std::_Revranit<_RanIt,_Base> &' from 'std::string'
1> C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\include\xutility(1146) : see declaration of 'std::operator -'
1>1sutundist.cpp(23): error C2676: binary '-' : 'std::string' does not define this operator or a conversion to a type acceptable to the predefined operator
1>1sutundist.cpp(23): error C2676: binary '-' : 'std::string' does not define this operator or a conversion to a type acceptable to the predefined operator
1>1sutundist.cpp(27): error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '}'
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
> Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped
The compilation failed, ¿how do you expect to run the program?

Missing headers, main() must return int, and trying to subtract strings.
Also, your indentation is awful
For a start you need to add the iostream header like below.

#include <iostream>

and as ne555 said main() should have the return type int
main is returnin 0 which is an integer and iostream is included in stdafx.h.
Main needs to be defined like

int main()
{
}

you may need to include fstream as well for the file operations

#include <fstream>

Also looks like you're trying to substract strings which isn't possible as far as im aware.

Topic archived. No new replies allowed.