This is my first post here and I am giving myself a headache trying to figure out what is going on with my code. I do not want to post all of my code as this is a big project. I am implementing a Binary Search Tree where I have to read a file in and build a binary tree then I have to swap the sub trees then print the binary tree. When I compile my code on my main windows machine using Visual Studio 2010 Professional the code compile and runs as expected. The file is read and the output is printed to the screen. Now when I port over to my Linux machine and adjusted for cross platform issues, the file is read and now only the integer in the file is printed. I can provide my code if needed I just did not want my first post to be a wall of code.
There were some declaration issues between the two classes that were implemented. I could not tell you why but the protected class functions were not accessible to the new class I was writing. So I adjusted a few lines of code and it worked. Poor choice of words I guess, not really a compatibility issue, more like a mistake that was not caught in Visual Studio