This is my first post on this board so bare with me!
I work for UPS and run an operation. Everyday we have stats that come in and I have to load them from our stats website. Each day I must:
1. Open website and log in with user/pass
2. Choose the most recent statistics (there is a drop down box with the dates)
3. Print out THAT SPECIFIC days stats.
4. Load the monthly stats (Jan 1 - Jan 9)
5. Print out those monthly stats
6. Put that data into an excel spreadsheet.
What I would like to do is create a program that logs into the website for me and reads both the daily and monthly statistics into specific locations of the excel spreadsheet.
After a bit of googling, I realized that I could use web queries to import that data into another spreadsheet and then call those stats from my daily summary spreadsheet(the one I give to my boss).
My issues are:
1. I don't really know how to go about automating the login to the website.
2. Would I even use web queries at this point if I am required to log in and pick a date?
3. How would I go about adjusting the dates. I would probably rather have the date inputted by myself to ensure that it doesn't mess up( hard to program to account for days off etc)
So, if anyone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.
I understand all the basics of c++ thoroughly and can learn to program in another language if need be. I'm just trying to make my job a bit easier while trying to learn some good stuff at the same time :)