Program to print out x, y click coordinates?

Hey everyone. I'm relatively new to C++, and am interested in automating something where I work. My situation is:

I use the AS/400 warehouse system, and I need to be able to automate typing one letter in several different locations to speed things up.

My thoughts are:
1. Find out how to make a program that will determine x, y coordinates of mouseclicks, and then use software to use macros to change information.
2. Build a program that will complete a single process by repeating set mouse clicks and keystrokes.

If there is anything anyone can do to help lead me in the right direction I would really appreciate it. We recieve HUGE transfers from a warehouse across the country, and have to change the first character of the name of bin locations - and after a few pages it gets VERY tedious. Thanks everyone, I look forward to your input.
first you cant do this with basic console c++. you need an API once you find one then we can help you continue on
what OS does the AS/400 run I can only find stuff about hardware specific crap. I can help you find an API if I know what OS you have on it
im not really good w/ ibm's OS's but I know if it OS400 is like a version of DOS you can use dos.h for muse needs if not youneed to find another api.

if all else fail I'd try Java
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.