Problem with setting up blank window.

I am working on "Beginning Directx11 Game Programming" and the first thing i am supposed to do is type this code and run it in Microsoft Visual Studio c++. I keep getting errors, here is the code:
#include <Windows.h>

int WINAPI wWinMain( HINSTANCE hInstance, HINSTANCE prevInstance, LPWSTR cmdLine, int cmdShow )

{
	return 0;
}

^^^ That succesfully compiles but fails to open.

Error code!:

'BlankWindow.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'BlankWindow.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\kernel32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'BlankWindow.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\KernelBase.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'BlankWindow.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcr110d.dll'. Symbols loaded.
'BlankWindow.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files\CheckPoint\ZAForceField\WOW64\Plugins\ISWSHEX.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'BlankWindow.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.6195_none_d09154e044272b9a\msvcr80.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'BlankWindow.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcrt.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'BlankWindow.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\user32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'BlankWindow.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\gdi32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'BlankWindow.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\lpk.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'BlankWindow.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\usp10.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'BlankWindow.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\advapi32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'BlankWindow.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\sechost.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'BlankWindow.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\rpcrt4.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'BlankWindow.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\sspicli.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'BlankWindow.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\cryptbase.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'BlankWindow.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\wintrust.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'BlankWindow.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\crypt32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'BlankWindow.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msasn1.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'BlankWindow.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.6195_none_d09154e044272b9a\msvcp80.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'BlankWindow.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ole32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'BlankWindow.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\imm32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'BlankWindow.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msctf.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'BlankWindow.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntmarta.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'BlankWindow.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Wldap32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
The program '[4312] BlankWindow.exe' has exited with code 0 (0x0).

Did my ZoneAlarm catch this and stop it? in this line of error?:

'BlankWindow.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files\CheckPoint\ZAForceField\WOW64\Plugins\ISWSHEX.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
Or maybe because i have no Actual Window defined for it?
Error code!:

Those are not errors. They're just messages.

^^^ That succesfully compiles but fails to open.

It doesn't do anything... why would you expect it to "open?"

There is a forum for Windows programming, by the way.
This is a GENERAL C++ windows32 (windows is windows) program.
and i corrected myself above!^^
Last edited on
http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/91712/

those are errors. IT SHOULD come up with a blank window on this topic i posted.But i continue to get errors
See my reply to your other thread.

These messages:

are from the debugger simply informing you that a DLL has been loaded but there are no debugging symbols available for it - which is expected since it's not your DLL.
ok i have actually got it to start up with the additional code into the program... it should have been a white screen and it worked once i fixed it.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.