SFML Code::Blocks setup? (MAC)

Hello! I have been trying to setup SFML with Code::Blocks on OS X 10.8 Mountian Lion. I have a 64-bit MacBook Pro and have been using the right library! Though when I try to set it up it says that there is no such directory called 'SFML/Graphics.hpp'. No program's work. Has someone got a tutorial on how to set it up on Mac or even LINUX?! I need some help on how to set it up. I have heard people have been having trouble setting up SFML with Code::Blocks. I have been using 1.6. Should I ne using 2.0?! Just some advice on how to set it up with Code::Blocks.
I have Mac, Windows 7 and Ubuntu 12.10 on my MacBook Pro so whatever solution for whatever operating system but I would prefer Mac. I hate XCode! The XCode interface and syntax highlighting is terrible. Code::Blocks is better in my opinion. I have never used MS Visual C++ but it doesn't look that great either. I would prefer have it for Code::Blocks on Mac. Thanks for any help at all!
The thing about IDEs and *nix is that it seems like that's just not the way things are done. If you want to get most things done on *nix systems it's probably a better idea to compile your programs via the command line. It's a lot less of a hassle than dealing with setting up IDEs.

That being said, you probably haven't got the SFML directory included as an additional header search path in Code::Blocks. I've never used Code::Blocks, so I can't tell you where to look for that in the project settings, but it should be titled something similar. But you need to add /usr/local/include to the header search path (which is where SFML include files are installed on your machine.) You'll probably also need to link the SFML libraries in Code::Blocks, which should be something like "additional libraries" in the project setting page. SFML libraries are located in /usr/local/lib, or if you're using SFML Frameworks (probably recommended for OS x), /Library/Frameworks.

EDIT: I dislike Xcode as well, because it lacks customizability; you're forced to use outdated apple compilers.
Last edited on
The thing about IDEs and *nix is that it seems like that's just not the way things are done. If you want to get most things done on *nix systems it's probably a better idea to compile your programs via the command line.

Sorry, but this is bologna. There is no shortage of good IDEs for OSX or other *nix platforms... and there is minimal difficulty in setting them up (in fact, as much as I hated Ubuntu.... setting up C::B on it was as easy as it could have possibly been)
Maybe Windows and Visual Studio has just tainted my mind then. I've had nothing but trouble setting up IDEs in both OS x and Linux systems. Command line, on the other hand, has been nothing but ease. It seems that I can never get anything compiled in Xcode either. C::B on OS x seemed more difficult than it needed to be. Again, could just be me.
Sorry for that bit of misinformation.
But is there a tutorial on how to setup SFML on them? Maybe I didn't explain it clear enough :(
http://www.sfml-dev.org/tutorials/2.0/

It's pretty hard to find. As one might expect there are also multiple threads on the SFML forums that deal with people who run into unexpected problems while following the tutorial. Perusing them might be helpful.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.